In this episode, I’m covering how to use email marketing to grow your podcast. Jumping off, I am covering the importance of building an email list to establish a direct pipeline to your audience, bypassing third-party social media platforms that can limit your reach. I’m also discussing how to encourage sign-ups by providing exclusive content, freebies, or giveaways, and how to optimize your signup form.
You’ll discover the art of finding the perfect balance between promoting your offerings and delivering valuable insights, resources, and knowledge to your audience. Lastly, I’m hitting you with ways to foster deeper connections with your audience by sharing behind-the-scenes content and encouraging listener interaction.
If you’re not using email marketing as part of your overall growth strategy, you need to get started ASAP.
- Importance of an email list for podcasters
- Encouraging sign-ups with exclusive content and freebies
- Optimizing your signup form for maximum conversions
- Striking the right balance between promotional and valuable content
- Sharing behind-the-scenes content to deepen audience connection
- Encouraging listener interaction through questions and feedback
- Leveraging your email list to drive podcast growth and cross-promotion
“As a podcaster, an email list holds a lot of importance for your podcast and your brand because it establishes a direct pipeline to your audience.” – Eric Montgomery
“You don’t want to bombard them with promotional emails. Instead, you wanna focus on delivering resources, delivering tips, education, some kind of value that educates, entertains and forms.” – Eric Montgomery
“This is your place to really get creative and really build that community. These are your die-hards and I think nurturing them and interacting with them is only gonna help grow your podcast.” – Eric Montgomery
A Word From Our Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by Riverside.fm. In fact, it was also recorded on Riverside. Use promo code CLIPPED for 20% off any Riverside membership plan.
Click here to purchase a membership plan
Check Out Some Of My Articles:
- Best Podcast Equipment For 2023
- The Top 5 Audio Interfaces for Podcasters
- Best Podcast Headphones For 2023
- The Complete Guide To Recording A Podcast With Riverside.fm
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
- ChatGPT: Helping Podcasters Create Better Content – EP 44
- Spotify For Podcasters: Engaging Your Audience With Q&A’s and Polls – EP 45
- 5 Steps To Build An Engaging Podcast – EP 40