In the world of podcasting, the term “producer” may indeed be familiar to you. Yet, what does a podcast producer actually do? Essentially, a podcast producer is the behind-the-scenes multitasker who not only helps streamline your podcast production process but also enhances the overall quality of your show. Just think of them as your right-hand man or woman who assists you with all aspects related to your podcast.
Having a podcast producer on your team can certainly save you time, lessen headaches, and therefore, allow you to focus on what you do best: creating great content. By delegating the behind-the-scenes work, you can hone your skills as a host and produce a better product. When you have more time on your hands, you can concentrate on the aspects of podcasting you enjoy and excel at.
Podcast Producer Tasks
A podcast producer helps make a podcast successful.
- During pre-production, they create new ideas and plan episodes. In addition, they also make a roadmap for the show’s content.
- They schedule and coordinate recording sessions and manage episode releases, They keep the production calendar up-to-date.
- For guest management, they find potential guests and set up interview times. Producers make sure conversations run smoothly during recordings.
- Producers write scripts with catchy intros, outros, and questions for guests.
- Podcast producers give technical support during recordings. They help improve sound quality for the host and guest.
- They may edit and mix audio, including adding music or ads, based on their skills.
- Lastly, they publish episodes on time, write SEO-focused show notes, and create interesting episode descriptions.
“A podcast producer is the behind-the-scenes multitasker who helps streamline your podcast production process and enhances the overall quality of your show.” – Eric Montgomery
“By delegating the behind-the-scenes work, you can hone your skills as a host and produce a better product.” – Eric Montgomery
“With the help of a podcast producer, you can improve your podcast strategy and content, ultimately saving you time and allowing you to focus on what truly matters – creating a fantastic podcast experience for your audience.” – Eric Montgomery
The Best Places To Find and Hire A Podcast Producer
- Radio Angeleno Email them to request access to the group
- The Podcast Manager Mastermind
- The Podcast Manager Mastermind
- Resonate Recordings
A Word From Our Sponsors
This episode is sponsored by Riverside.fm. In fact, it was also recorded on Riverside. Use promo code CLIPPED for 20% off any Riverside membership plan.
Click here to purchase a membership plan.
Check Out Some Of My Articles On Podcasting:
- Best Podcast Equipment For 2023
- The Top 5 Audio Interfaces for Podcasters
- Best Podcast Headphones For 2023
- The Complete Guide To Recording A Podcast With Riverside.fm
Listen To Some Older Episodes:
- How To Make Money With The Amazon Influencer Program
- Three Online Marketplaces To Find Sponsors and Monetize Your Podcast
- Travis Brown: The Side Hustle King | Unlock The Power of Social Media Growth and Leverage Your Brand To Create a Winning Strategy
- 5 Steps To Build An Engaging Podcast
I’d Be Stoked If You Left Me A Rating And Review: